Mental Health Associates
Location: South West
Level of Experience
Two years post qualification
Mental Health Associates Are you a talented mental health practitioner looking for a new or additional role to compliment your current work? If so this opportunity may be for you. Working Minds is a health and wellbeing organisation who are now supporting the new Mental Health Support Service in the South West. We are seeking Associates to join our team in growing this exciting and important service to employees and employers in the Region. Our objective is straightforward, to provide one to one support to individuals and, where necessary, employer education as we raise awareness for the need for positive mental health for people in work. This is a comprehensive support service which allows Practitioners to offer real flexibility to individual needs over an extended period.
We are looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated, passionate individuals registered with one or more of the following regulatory bodies:
- A counsellor/therapist registered as a Practitioner with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
- A Cognitive Behavioural Therapist registered with the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP).
- Mental Health Nurse registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
- Occupational Therapist registered with the HCPC.
Positions are available immediately on a ‘Self-employed Associate basis’ to service clients in the following localities; Bristol, Bath, Gloucestershire, North Somerset and Wiltshire. The prospective caseloads available could lead to full or part time work flows depending upon your personal needs. Hours of work can be flexed to fit around other employment / commitments. The fee structure is very competitive for this area of practice. You will be predominantly field and home based but also expected to attend training events, reviews and will be reporting to the Service Lead/Directors. Full training and mentorship will be given. If you would like to be part of a ground-breaking service and satisfy the criteria below please upload your CV and we will contact you shortly for a preliminary chat.
Our primary requirements; we are looking for practitioners who can:
- Demonstrate a passion for empowering people to effectively manage their mental health conditions to enable them to stay in or return to employment.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the holistic approach to healthcare.
- Evidence their knowledge and application of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and/or, Motivational Interviewing and/or Brief Solution Focused Therapy.
- Evidence their ability to assess and build support plans for a wide range of mental health difficulties. The ideal candidate must be adaptable and flexible and be able to react positively to on-going change and will have: 2 years post-qualification experience working in various settings including client experience around work and stress difficulties..
- Understanding of the benefits of being in work and the relationship between employment and health and wellbeing.
- Possess exceptional organisational abilities to facilitate the prioritisation and effective management of key duties including diary management.
- Must be able to complete detailed, accurate and objective participant assessments and effectively record interactions with participants within a specified time frame.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work constructively and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Proficient in IT, particularly MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Committed to continuous personal and professional development.
- Able to support non- health professionals in their understanding of the importance of supporting participants with mental health challenges.
Other requirements: You will need to have enhanced DBS clearance and your own insurances and supervision arrangements in place. A car owner/driver and be prepared to travel as you will be visiting people county wide as well as supporting them by phone/skype/email as necessary.