Manufacturing Operations Manager
Location: Newton Abbot
Level of Experience
The Manufacturing Operations Manager will be responsible for the production of SEMS and other fastening solutions at the Company’s manufacturing facility in Totnes. The role encompasses full responsibility for engineering, production and quality and will report to the Sales Director-Industrial & Defence who is also based in Newton Abbot Responsibilities and Management duties:
- Direct management of engineering, production and quality teams to attain goals consistent with cost, quality, and delivery requirements of the business.
- Responsible to the Sales Director for all matters related to the operation of the Totnes site.
- Overall responsibility for material, equipment, sub-contract, and manpower resource planning
- Manage production activities and co-ordinate/communicate with sales teams to fulfil customer requirements
- Develop, establish and improve production standards and practices.
- Maintain and develop techniques for the establishment of accurate costs of production for individual products.
- Support the Sales Director in the preparation of tenders and customer quotes for manufactured products.
- Maintain high quality standards as required by AS9100 and PPAP approvals. •Implement programme to achieve NADCAP approval.
- Act in a consultancy capacity to production related activities elsewhere in the Group. Objectives
- Develop the Newton production capabilities to ensure that products are manufactured to consistent high quality standards.
- Ensure that the production capacity is scalable to accommodate the significant growth planned for the business.
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction
- Reduce overall costs of production though efficiency improvements and reductions of any wastage/scrappage.
- Optimise the inventory value of raw materials, work in progress and finished products. Key Attributes:
- Experience of manging a manufacturing operation at a senior level.
- Engineering degree and/or certification in lean manufacturing is preferred
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in a busy manufacturing environment
- Experienced in strategic planning processes
- Detailed knowledge of production operations and activities
- Experience in Continuous Improvement techniques and processes
- Demonstrated range of management skills including structured work, cost accounting, training, coaching, and teamwork methodology.
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritise and effectively manage conflicts
- Ability to solve problems in a structured and co-ordinated manner.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, strong Microsoft Office skills, understanding of ERP systems, good negotiation skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel in support other Group businesses as may be required.
Should you require any further information please call Tori on 07897644338.