Level of Experience
£27,000 + 35% shift premium
Mego is proud to be recruiting for a world class, market leading manufacturer based in Plymouth. Due to a rapidly growing order book our client needs to recruit a maintenance engineer on a fixed night shift pattern.
The successful candidate will be tasked with supporting site production facilities through the maintenance of plant, equipment, and services, being planned or unplanned tasks.
This role requires the ability to diagnose problems, the knowledge to work in a safe manner as shown through the task risk assessment and the ability to communicate clearly with suppliers and on-site personnel.
Responsibilities (Not limited to)-
- Work with the team to ensure it meets its 5 s performance targets.
- Ensure 100 % compliance of working on a task only once a risk assessment is in place.
- Identify repeat problems and assist in the corrective actions to remove the cause.
- Breakdown repair of existing plant and machinery.
- Installation of new and existing machinery.
- Assist with machinery moves.
- Implement and support TPM/PPM across the site.
- Electronic record keeping of machine repair details and stock.
- Be aware of hazards around the site and be proactive in identifying them and supporting removal of hazards identified by others.
- Respond to breakdowns in a timely manner as per the priority set by production.
- Work with the production team to assist with the installation of new machinery.
- Ensure PPM activities are carried out within scheduled times and arrange machine release if required.
- Repairs of plant and machinery.
- Risk assessment of all work tasks and contractor inductions.
- Fault finding using CNC controls and PLC ladder diagrams.
- Work with production staff to provide breakdown support in line with production priorities.
- Ensure that a risk assessment is carried prior to start of work, and to reassess is the if there are any changes during the work task.
This position is fixed nights and comes with a shift premium.
To apply, please call us on 01803 840844 or apply through this website by uploading and submitting your CV now.