Electrical Maintenance Fitter
Level of Experience
My client is looking for an experienced Maintenance Fitter with an electrical bias. The successful applicant will responsible for preventative maintenance on machines and equipment as well as responding to emergency machine break downs; involvement with new design, installation and movements of existing machines; overhaul and repair of machines and equipment. Ensuring machines and equipment are safe, working efficiently and fit for purpose. Applicants will be highly motivated and self-driven with the ability to undertake shift work, overtime and call outs as required.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Promote and carry out Preventative Maintenance. • Ensure all machines are safe and fit for purpose.
- Installation of new machines and equipment. • Overhaul, upkeep and repair of all plant machines.
- Working knowledge of PLC control sensors and automation equipment.
- Electrical Installation.
- Review and advise on Engineering requirements and drawings.
- Work with and install single phase / three phase electrical circuits.
- Actively promote safe working practices.
- Work with and co-ordinate Contractors.
- Undertake repairs and servicing to the highest standard in accordance with work requests
- Fault Finding, testing, and the removal or adjustment of existing fittings, fixtures and parts.
- To adhere to Company Rules / Health and Safety / Environmental Standards and Practices.
- To attend training and continuous development opportunities as required.
- Continuously look for improvements to the service and for effective good practice within the role. Profile and Experience:
- Previous experience within an Electrical Maintenance role (Essential)
- Apprenticeship in Electrical Engineering (Essential)
- Minimum of a BTEC Level 3 or ONC (or equivalent) (Essential)
- Ability to undertake shift work, overtime and call outs as required (Essential)
- Effective communication skills including internally and with Contractors (Essential) • Ability to work unsupervised (Essential)
- Self-motivated (Essential)
- Strong interpersonal skills (Essential)
- Technical background (Essential)
- Previous Electrical Maintenance experience within a Manufacturing environment (Highly Desirable).
- Good IT Skills (Highly Desirable)