Location: Plymouth, South West
Temp to Perm
Level of Experience
Temp to Perm
Are you an assistant buyer or have worked in a similar role and now want to take that next step?
Are you looking to develop your experience and join one of the UK’s fasting growing companies?
Does developing business relationships with new clients and new ones drive you?
You already have experience as a retail buyer or similar so why not read on?
There is an opportunity to develop and grow your knowledge working at the heart of the operation in the Plymouth HQ as Assistant Buyer so read on and apply.
Your duties will be:
- You will assist the Buyer with proactive continuous product sourcing and be responsible for negotiation of terms and conditions with assigned Suppliers
- You will manage and maintain daily correspondence of assigned Suppliers
- You will achieve margin and product sell through targets
- You will maintain and develop excellent supplier relationships
- You will ensure right mix of product and maintain awareness of competitors position and market share
- You will assist the Buyer in all aspects of the buying process through –
- Attending buying appointments with the Buyer
- UK & foreign travel where necessary
- Placing of orders
- You will attend ad-hoc buying appointments in the Buyers’ absence to gather product information for review.
So, your skills and what’s required:
- You are a Graduate or equivalent
- You have previous buying experience in a retail environment
- You have proven commercial experience of trading in a fast paced and reactive environment
- You hold good judgment and decision making skills
- You are numerate with strong analytical and computer skills
- You have the ability to commit to foreign travel as required
- You are discreet, professional and with excellent communication skills
- You have a keen eye for details
- You are Pro-active and able to show initiative/ideas to constantly improve The offering.